Importing an English caravan

Ad type: Other
Date added: 04 September 2021

We are thinking about buying an English caravan because we like the layout and the style. It would have to registered here in France. Now after Brexit the rules have changed and we would need to pay VAT/TVA here and not in the UK.( Most caravan dealers are not aware of the new rules). Does anyone have experiences in the post-Brexit situation? Information would be most appreciated! Lilian, living in the Ardennes.

Member comments

The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.

  1. Hi , here is a translation of
    Registration of the vehicle imported into France
    If your vehicle requires individual or isolated reception, you must present the vehicle to the DREAL / DRIEE / DEAL in your region.

    The holder must then submit his registration request by providing the following supporting documents:

    Foreign registration card (for vehicles already registered outside France)
    European certificate of conformity
    Tax clearance or customs clearance certificate n ° 846A
    Application for registration certificate
    French technical control
    Purchase invoice or transfer certificate ,
    Valid identity document (valid driver’s license for the category of vehicle registered)
    Proof of address
    Insurance certificate
    Bon courage

Become a Member to leave a comment.Or login here.