The affected high schools were Louis-le-Grand (5th arrondissement), Charlemagne (4th), Condorcet (9th), Hélène Boucher (20th) and Victor-Hugo (3rd).
The caller said that they would arrive at the schools armed with “bombs and Kalashnikovs to get the maximum amount of victims,” reported Le Parisien newspaper.
This tweet from the Paris education authority Academie de Paris says police are securing the five schools mentioned above, adding that the students have been taken to a safe location.
Charlemagne, Louis le Grand, and Condorcet were all hit by similar threats on Tuesday, when a total of six high schools in Paris were evacuated after anonymous calls were made claiming bombs had been hidden in the buildings.
With Paris still on high alert after the November terror attacks Tuesday's threats were taken seriously.
Also on Tuesday, 14 schools in Britain were evacuated following hoax bomb threats.
Those threats were claimed by a Twitter account calling itself the Evacuation Squad, with a profile picture of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The account featured previous messages in support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
“We are 6 individuals based internationally,” reads the profile blurb, advertising its services to call in bomb threats.
The account has since been suspended.