Advertisement

French parliament to probe handling of 2015 terror attacks

AFP
AFP - [email protected] • 19 Jan, 2016 Updated Tue 19 Jan 2016 12:25 CEST
image alt text

French lawmakers from the opposition Republicans party have requested a commission of enquiry into the government's handling of the terrorist attacks in the country last year, a deputy said on Tuesday.

Advertisement

The probe into "the resources put in place by the state to fight terrorism since January 7, 2015" -- the date of an attack on the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo -- will begin soon, Christian Jacobs told reporters.
   
Four days after the jihadist attacks of November 13th in the French capital, Jacob said his parliamentary group was likely to ask for the probe "so that the French people will know the whole truth about the conditions in which these attacks could have happened."
 
France and the world were rocked by two major terror attacks in Paris last year, the first seeing 17 people killed in January, and the second seeing terrorists kill 130 people across the capital in November.

More

Comments

AFP 2016/01/19 12:25

Please keep comments civil, constructive and on topic – and make sure to read our terms of use before getting involved.

Please log in to leave a comment.

See Also