The next edition of Charlie Hebdo will appear on February 25, a journalist from the French satirical magazine said Monday, less than a month after 12 people were killed at their offices.
"Finally. A bit more patience, but Charlie Hebdo will come out on February 25th at all good kiosks," said Laurent Leger on his Twitter account.
A so-called "survivors' issue" published on January 14th had a print run of seven million, with a first batch selling out within minutes. Before the attacks, the weekly sold around 30,000 copies.
The front cover of the last issue featured a cartoon of the prophet Muhammad holding a sign "Je Suis Charlie", which became a rallying cry for freedom of expression since the deadly attacks, and the words "all is forgiven" over the cartoon.
The cover sparked deadly demonstrations in some parts of the Muslim world, where depicting the prophet is seen as deeply offensive.
The new publishing director of the magazine said last month that there would "probably not" be a cartoon of the prophet in the next edition.
On January 7th, two Islamist gunmen stormed into Charlie Hebdo's offices in Paris and killed 12 people, most of them journalists and cartoonists.
They said they were acting in revenge for the cartoon's previous portrayals of the prophet.
The attack marked the start of three days of bloodshed that culminated in twin siege dramas and left a total of 17 people dead.