Baby in French town swallows dad's cannabis

Sophie Inge
Sophie Inge - [email protected]
Baby in French town swallows dad's cannabis
The father admitted that the baby had ingested some of his cannabis accidentally. Cannabis photo: Shutterstock"

A ten-month-old baby was rushed to hospital on Monday after ingesting a lump of cannabis belonging to her father, in the south-eastern French town of Vienne.


The parents of the child, who was identified only as Lola in the French press, noticed something was wrong when she became weak and faint, France Bleu Isère reported.

They took the child to hospital where Lola was kept under observation for a few hours until she had recovered.

Doctors then allowed the family to return home. But later that evening at around 10pm the results of a blood test revealed that the baby had ingested cannabis.

A doctor at the hospital notified police, who then made their way to the family’s home to question Lola's parents.

When police arrived at the house they found the 22-year-old father in the process of rolling a joint.

Admitting that he had realised the reason for his child’s illness on their way to hospital, the father said that his daughter had ingested some cannabis that had fallen on to the floor.

As a precaution, the baby was taken back to the hospital where she was kept under observation for the night.

Social services are now investigating whether the parents are capable of looking after the child.   

Earlier this year The Local Italy reported that a mother of three in Sicily was jailed after her toddler son was admitted to hospital with bruises, scratches, burns and a suspected cocaine overdose.


Join the conversation in our comments section below. Share your own views and experience and if you have a question or suggestion for our journalists then email us at [email protected].
Please keep comments civil, constructive and on topic – and make sure to read our terms of use before getting involved.

Please log in to leave a comment.

See Also