The 21-year-old student was given a four month suspended jail sentence and ordered to do 180 hours community service after the prank that left his teacher and five other students in hospital.
The incident happened in March when the teenager, accompanied by his friends and teachers, were in the town of Arras, Pas-de-Calais for an entrepreneurs competition.
After dinner on the eve of the contest the student had the whacky idea of sharing his “space cakes” with the group, but neglected to alert them to a secret ingredient contained in the cookies.
A short while later some of the group, including a teacher, had become slightly delirious and began experiencing hot flushes. Initially suspecting food poisoning, teachers called in the emergency services at around 10.30pm.
But it was quickly determined that the real cause of the group's malaise was actually cannabis intoxication. Five students and a teacher ended up being taken into hospital.
The teacher was apparently the worst affected and once inside the hospital began flapping his arms wildly, "behaving like a bird", according to regional daily La Voix du Nord.
Evidently fearing the prof might attempt his first flight from the hospital roof, staff isolated him in a separate room until he calmed down.
The young prankster is to appear before a judge in the criminal court of Arras charge with administering a harmful substance to others.