Sex scandal 'king' denies allegations
Matthew Warren · 6 Sep 2011, 08:11
Published: 06 Sep 2011 09:59 GMT+02:00
Updated: 06 Sep 2011 08:11 GMT+02:00
The alleged exploits of 'the king' came to light in August when Le Point magazine reported that an anonymous letter had been sent to the head of RATP as well as to the six unions representing employees at the company detailing the sleazy goings-on.
"Everything that was said in that letter is false," said Gwénaël Eslan, a 44-year-old official with the UNSA union who has completely denied all the charges. "I respect women. I'm a married man."
Eslan believes that the charges are down to scores being settled by enemies within the union.
In particular, he believes that the stand he took over embezzlement allegations within the union led him to be blacklisted and for sordid stories to be fabricated. Eslan held back on paying union subsidies until a final report was due to be delivered which, he claims, meant he "was never forgiven. I broke the code of silence."
"Some people I've worked with for years are behind this letter," he said. "It's their latest attempt to get rid of me."
Eslan returned to his job on Monday but said his honour had been offended by the allegations.
"My reputation has been besmirched without any proof against me," he said. "Just an anonymous letter full of lies."
An official investigation has been opened into the allegations made in the letter by public prosecutors, alongside an internal RATP inquiry.
See also: Sex scandal at Paris transport authority