SHARE
COPY LINK

CRIME

Actor Delon’s son indicted after girl shot

The son of French veteran actor Alain Delon has been indicted by a Swiss court after a teenage girl was shot at the actor's apartment, Delon's lawyer said Tuesday.

“After hearing the two teenagers implicated in the commotion, the judge decided to indict them,” Alec Reymond, who represents Delon’s 17-year-old son Alain-Fabien, told AFP.

A teenage girl was shot during a party at the French actor’s apartment in Geneva last week.

Delon, who was not at home at the time, confirmed in an interview published Saturday that a girl was injured, but said his son did not fire the shot.

Reymond stressed that “in reality no one fired a shot.”

“The shot went off during a commotion. The judge on minors is carrying on with his investigation,” he said.

The judge can then decide to close the case or “in case of a guilty verdict, the judge has several measures under his disposition according to the law, and the rules on minors favour supervision.”

Geneva police and the court said they would not comment on the case as it involved minors.

Delon has been a Swiss citizen for 12 years and lives in Geneva.

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.

CRIME

How France plans to prevents youngsters accessing online pornography

France is set to announce new measures this week to prevent youngsters from accessing porn websites, in the latest round of a years-long struggle to protect children from explicit material.

How France plans to prevents youngsters accessing online pornography

“I plan to put an end to this scandal,” Digital Affairs Minister Jean-Noel Barrot told the Parisien newspaper on Monday.

France’s data protection and media regulators Cnil and Arcom are set to announce their latest proposals to rein in porn websites which are in theory subject to a 2020 law requiring age verification.

Previous attempts have been held up by privacy and technical concerns, as well as court action by the websites.

To its frustration last September, a Paris court ordered Arcom to enter into mediation with several porn websites including market leader Pornhub, holding up efforts to block them.

READ MORE: France hits Google and Facebook with huge fines over ‘cookies’

Under the new proposal, people wanting to access explicit material will need to download a phone application that provides them with a digital certificate and code, the Parisien reported.

The code will be needed to access a porn website under a system “which will work a bit like the checks from your bank when you buy something online,” Barrot told the newspaper.

“2023 will mark the end of our children accessing pornographic sites,” he added.

President Emmanuel Macron, who is married to former school teacher Brigitte Macron, promised to make protecting children from porn a priority during his bid for re-election last year.

In November, he launched the Children Online Protection Laboratory, an initiative that aims to bring together industry giants and researchers to look for ways to shield minors online.

In September last year, a report entitled “Hell Behind the Scenes” by French senators concluded that there was “massive, ordinary and toxic” viewing of porn by children.

The report found that two thirds of children aged 15 or less had seen pornographic content.

The French production industry has been roiled by a series of sexual assault cases in recent years in which women have come forward to allege rape, mistreatment and manipulation by directors and fellow actors.

SHOW COMMENTS