Advertisement

Schools in Paris evacuated after bomb threats made

Share this article

Photo: Twitter/HPouxx
13:34 CET+01:00
Thousands of school pupils were evacuated from six Paris high schools on Tuesday morning after anonymous calls were made claiming bombs had been hidden in the buildings.

The schools all received practically identical calls between 10:20am and 11:20am, police said.

Students at Charlemagne, Fenelon, Montaigne, Condorcet, Henri IV and Louis le Grand schools, all in up-market districts of the French capital, were moved to secure areas while police carried out searches.

"An individual threatened to blow up bags in several lycees. Searches were carried out at five of the schools but nothing was found," a police source told L'Express news site.

Reports said that just as the threats were made, the headteacher of Henry IV discovered a suspect package. As a result the bomb squad was sent out to the school, but nothing was found.

With Paris still on high alert after the November terror attacks Tuesday's threats were taken seriously. 

The alerts were lifted for all six schools by the end of the afternoon.

Numerous schools in the UK have been evacuated in recent days after similar threats were made.

Story continues below…

Photos: Twitter/HPouxx

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

How to get British healthcare no matter where you are

Navigating the health care system in another country can be tough, and even when it all works out, sometimes you just miss the comfort of the system back home. But there's a solution.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement